Official Shadowlands Pre-Expansion Patch Note Highlights
The pre-patch arrives on Tuesday/Wednesday and Blizzard have just posted a gargantuan set of patch notes, so we wanted to highlight all the sections relevant to Mythic+ and raids (while skipping the class changes
, as they'd take about 3 days to scroll through). You can check out the full notes here
The most relevant changes in the notes for us are the ones for Mythic+, as Blizzard have done quite a bit of tuning of some affixes, with Bursting, Volcanic, Sanguine, Grievous and Explosive getting tweaked:
Dungeons and Raids
Mythic Keystone Dungeon Affixes
Bursting is now a dispellable Magic debuff.
Bursting deals a flat amount of damage instead of a percentage based off of max HP.
Players are now knocked in the air when hit by Volcanic.
Volcanic now deals damage equal to 15% of the player’s health (was 40%).
Sanguine's duration reduced to 20 seconds (was 60 seconds).
Non-periodic heals now removes 1 stack of Grievous.
Grievous now deals a flat amount of damage instead of a percentage based off of max HP.
Explosive Orbs now spawn 4 to 8 yards from the unit that summoned them (was 3 yards).
Explosive Orb health has been reduced and no longer scales with keystone level.
Explosive Orbs now have a sound effect when defeated.
Next we have confirmation of Mythic+ remaining active in the pre-patch, with the same affixes (plus the changes above) and rewards from BfA Season 4:
Battle for Azeroth Season 4 will end with the launch of the Shadowlands pre-patch. During the off-season, Mythic Keystone dungeons will still be playable using Season 4 affixes and rewards, but their seasonal achievements will no longer be available. Additionally, it will still be possible to queue for Rated PvP based on your Season 4 rating, but titles and associated rewards will no longer be earnable.
And finally we're taking a look at the item changes that will significantly affect players' Mythic+ runs and raiding, including the removal of all Corruptions, changes to Azerite traits, water replenishing mana in a different way and more:
Items and Rewards
- With the Black Empire turned to ash upon the defeat of N’Zoth the Corruptor, Corruption effects on items will no longer function.
Heart of Azeroth
- Rank 4 Essences are no longer obtainable.
- Heart of Darkness (Azerite Trait) no longer requires 25 Corruption Level to be active.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams (Azerite Essence) now affects Holy Power instead of Shield of the Righteous for Protection Paladins.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams (Azerite Essence) now affects Mana for Enhancement Shaman.
- The PvP Talent granted with Conflict and Strife (Azerite Essence) Major Power has been changed for the following classes:
Mistweaver Monks now learn Chrysalis (was Way of the Crane).
Affliction Warlocks now learn Rot and Decay (was Endless Affliction).
Restoration Druids now learn Reactive Resin (was Overgrowth).
Discipline Priests now learn Purification (was Premonition).
Mages now learn Netherwind Armor (was Temporal Shield).
- All Legion Legendary items' bonuses no longer activate.
- Leatherworking drums now provide 15% Haste (was 25%).
- War-Scrolls of Battle Shout, Intellect and Fortitude can no longer be used by characters above level 50.
- Many consumables now have a 5 minute cooldown.
- Water now regenerates mana slower in the first seconds you begin drinking, increasing to a rapid return as you drink continuously.
- Reduced the amount of value that Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, and Versatility secondary stats provide when reaching high thresholds.
- Heirlooms no longer have experience bonuses and now have a set bonus. The new set bonus can be obtained from all Heirloom pieces except weapons and trinkets.
(2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
(3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
(4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
(6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.
- Elixir of Ancient Knowledge, Elixir of the Rapid Mind, and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning will become Poor quality and no longer usable.
- The Draught of Ten Lands will still retain the 10% experience bonus but will now be capped at level 50.
- Glyphs that change the appearance of a Druid’s form are now one time use and unlock the appearance permanently at the Barber Shop.
- PvP Weapon Illusions can be used by all characters across the account.
- You can no longer champion a Mists of Pandaria faction for bonus reputation.
Now that you know all the big changes coming you should get those crazy Corruption runs done while you still can, as the Mythic+ key levels should be dropping quite a bit when the pre-patch hits.