++Who Are We?++
Ozymandias is a horde side guild on The Venture Co originally founded at the end of Wrath of the Lich King after the break up of Colossus. We have a casual attitude, friendly environment with the benefit of pushing mythic content.
++What Are We Doing Now?++
We are currently raiding Heroic BoD, moving into Mythic BoD as the tier progresses. In order to accomplish this we keep a broad raid roster, to encourage friendly competition and to allow people to have absences without the raid grinding to a halt. If we do have too many absences, there are have other guilds that we cooperate with in order to keep things going.
++What Will We Be Doing?++
Moving through Heroic raiding content at a steady pace, progressing into mythic as attendance, composition and gear allows. Above all having a good time while doing so.
Tank - This position will be a main tank position, you will have all the responsibilities that come along with this position. Raid marking, communication over voice.
Healers - These positions will be full time healing positions unless the fight or raid composition provides a need for you to sit or swap to a damage spec. Right now we are looking to expand our healing core so our main DPS can stop healing.
We are looking for exceptional DPS players that have a full understanding of their class as well as the ability to be flexible if the composition requires it.
Main raid times are as follows :
Monday - 8:30-11:00 (server time) (CST)
Tuesday - 8:30-11:00 (server time) (CST)
Wednesday - 8:30-11:00 (server time) (CST)
(optional/Alt) Friday - Time varies, typically same raid time.
We require all raiders to install the following:
RCLootCouncil - this is used for extra gear and upgrades as we move to mythic, any personal loot that is tradable goes to RCLC.
Deadly Boss Mods / Big Wigs - Boss mod addon.
Angry Assignments - A small addon that will display raid assignments on screen.
You will also need to use Discord (for voice communications) and have the ability to verbally communicate on it (you may just listen 99.9% of the time, but you must be able to speak if needed in a desperate moment in raid).
++What to Expect After Joining++
For a minimum of one month, you will be considered a trial. This provides a period to gain you gear and evaluate your performance and attendance. At the end of the month, you will either be promoted, rejected or extended. Extensions will only happen if we were unable to fit you in raid enough times to see how well you do.
++How Do We Choose Who Is In The Group For Each Boss?++
The officers will decide who we think the top 20 raiders are for each individual Mythic boss encounter for progression fights. Some bosses may favor strong single target or aoe dps, we may have a strong need for specific utility, so the top 20 does vary on a boss by boss basis.
For non-progression bosses, we have additional flexibility based on the loot needs of individuals. For Heroic and below, we -may- take up to 30 players, but if an individual(s) is preforming poorly or holding back the raid from progressing there will not be hesitation on sitting them.
++How Do We Handle Loot?++
For loot which is allowed to be traded, loot is distributed using loot council. This mostly applies to mythic content gear, as well as the end of heroic. Most of the time people choose to do the right thing without having to use loot council. This means that loot is given out in a way that is seen to be most valuable for the guild as a whole. We use RCLootCouncil to handle the distribution of loot. The loot council consists of all officers and a rotation of 3-5 members of raider rank that change every week. Raiders who cannot, or continue to "accidentally" equip gear that was tradable will be handled appropriately.
Some general guidelines that we use (guidelines, not rules):
- Raiders will get priority over trials, period.
- Main spec will get priority over off spec
- Members with high attendance will get loot over members with low attendance
- Members with better performance will get loot over members with poor performance
- Members for whom the loot is a larger upgrade will get loot before members for whom the loot is a smaller upgrade
- Gear is likely to be given to a player for whom it is 'best in slot'
- Only raiders, not trials, are eligible for cosmetic and vanity items, such as mounts, pets, etc. that drop
++What do we Expect of our Raiders?++
- Treat other players with respect (in and out of the guild). This does not mean you can't make fun of or shit talk people. It does mean that if someone is upset as a result of your actions, you should take steps to correct it.
- You are welcome to use vulgar language, but if you start using racial slurs or denigrating speech about marginalized groups that is unacceptable.
- You should attend all raids on time. If you will miss or be late, we expect you to notify us via the Raid_Absences channel in our discord. We understand that life is full of surprises and that you will miss raids (just let us know so that if enough people can't make it, we can call the raid and give people their time back).
- Come to raid prepared.
- You must look at written or video boss guides for raid bosses, having a basic understanding of the encounters will go a very long way. (Wowhead and Fatboss are popular options if you need somewhere to start looking.)
- You must have your gear enchanted/gemmed/etc as well as having the necessary consumables to raid. Most members of the guild are willing to help with this process, we have many members with multiple progressions that can help out at any given time. This doesn't mean we expect you to spend 5000g gold per potion for the first raid week of the expansion, although if you can't be bothered to show up with at least prolonged power pots then you were not prepared.[/ul]
++How To Apply?++
Contact any of the following in by mail or whispers
GM: Emerassi - The Venture Co (Emerassi#1878)
Raid Leader: Zeihel - The Maelstrom
Officer: Dacno(Dacnolol) - The Venture Co
Recruitment Officer: Crunch - The venture Co (Lucid#1762)
++Progress in past patches (before next patch hit)++
T22 - 4/8 Mythic Uldir (8/8H/N)
T21 - 5/11 Mythic Antorus, The Burning Throne
T20 - 6/9 Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
T19 - 7/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare
------ 3/3 Mythic Trials of Valor
------ 8/10 Mythic Nighthold
T18 - 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel (cooperatively with Fail Squad)
T17 - 4/7 Mythic Highmaul
------ 3/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
T16 - 13/14 Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar
T15 - 7/13 Heroic Throne of Thunder
T14 - 6/6 Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults
------ 2/6 Heroic Heart of Fear
------ 1/4 Heroic Terrace of the Endless Spring
T13 - 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul - killed @ 15% debuff
++Notable Guild Achievements++
Realm First - Mythic Gul'dan
Realm First - Mythic Xavius
Realm First - Mythic Challenger (Mythic 15 completed on time)
Realm First - Heroic Ra-den
Realm First - Heroic Sha of Fear
Cutting Edge: Mogu'shan Vaults
I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am - Kill Sinestra with no deaths