**We will consider elite applicants of any class. Currently our roster is extremely full for Ny'alotha and are only accepting S-tier players with a competitive history of top 50 US prog.**
is a long tenured high-end raiding community on Horde side of the server Mal'ganis. Our community dates back over a decade from Final Fantasy 11 and TBC WoW. Throughout this entire time we have boasted the same leadership team that has led us to continued success and improved progression each expansion.
Our Guild and Schedule:
Our guild and leadership have been together for 12+ years and will continue to be together as long as WoW endgame raiding exists. We recognize that the success of a raiding guild depends on making intelligent and informed decisions, communicating effectively and maturely, and being as prepared as possible for every challenge. Our leadership is experienced and understands the commitment required to maintain an effective raiding roster throughout each tier. We as a group have seen every pitfall and challenge WoW raiding can throw at an organization and learned along the way. We are committed to clearing all mythic content each tier with the goal of achieving the highest possible ranking and to constantly improve ourselves and our organization.
We raid roughly ++10 hours per week++ on the following schedule:
- Sunday from 7 PM EST - 11 PM EST
- Wednesday from 8 PM EST- 11 PM EST
- Thursday from 8 PM EST - 11 PM EST
We as a group tend to run Flex content on Tuesday nights. These are purely and truly optional, intended to only be a group setting in which we can clear Heroic content (titanforging, sales, alts) with guildies over PUGs.
We almost never add raid days, even during week 1 of progression. We'll only occasionally move one raid day to another day due to holidays or other external factors. Sometimes we'll add a pull or two at the end of the night if close to the end of a boss, but never more than 30 minutes or so.
We ++DO NOT++ require a geared alt for split runs!!
Our commitment to you:
We pride ourselves on being efficient on a light schedule while still having a professional, driven, and respectful atmosphere. We promote an atmosphere that encourages team-oriented attitudes, minimized drama and toxicity, and rewards preparation. Our roster is made up mostly of working-class adults who desire hardcore progression on a less hardcore scheduled compared to contemporary guilds.
Most of the guild is in their mid-late 20s or early 30s and have been raiding MMOs for many years. Therefore we commit to treating our players as equals and peers like the adults they are. We expect a high level of maturity, patience, and a constructive attitude from our raiders. In return, you can expect from us a raid environment free of raging, yelling, and belittling. We remember that raiding is a team game, and we believe that respect for each other and the team is the #1 factor contributing towards being able to kill a boss.
We understand that raid teams work better with constructive discussion and tactical improvements, not yelling and screaming. We believe in the power of positive reinforcement and information sharing over shaming and bullying.
Joining us you can expect:
- A performance orientated environment. On progression we will bring the best 20 regardless of seniority, creating a competitive environment where raiders will continue pushing themselves to improve in order to maintain their position.
- Trials who are recruited and put into progression scenarios quickly. We want you to prove your merits and what you can bring to our roster on non-trivial content. You won't wait 3 weeks to see progression or hard bosses here.
- Constant recruitment to improve the roster and create internal competition to constantly improve.
- A healthy roster of 20+ raiders all held to the same standards and expectations.
- A loot council system where officers decide where items go based on performance and progression needs.
- Fair play time - during farm we rotate players fight to fight based on loot needs. We aim to keep all players on our roster engaged and active with raiding and progression time (comp withstanding.)
- Experienced, passionate, and driven leadership that doesn't give up.
As 3 day/week guild, we need to make every hour we play count. As such we're looking for players who will come into raids as prepared as can be, and eager to make every pull a meaningful one. Qualities we're looking for in applicants:
- ++Progression experience++ - We're looking for players who have been a part of end-tier progression pushes in past content, or are at least Mythic experienced in the current content. Ideally we're looking for people who have knowledge of what it takes to succeed in a progression guild over a prolonged period of time.
- ++Team oriented, mature, and professional attitude++ - We take raiding seriously and value the community we raid in. Therefore we are looking for maturity, respect, and integrity when considering applicants. We have a no tolerance approach to bullying, toxic personalities, or parse whores who sacrifice the well being of the raid for their personal ego. We are looking for team players who value the success of the guild and the benefit of the raid over personal gain or glory.
- ++Constant improvement++ - We keep our roster spots competitive and reward those who constantly push themselves to get better. You should understand that no matter how good you are, you can always improve. We want players who are constantly analyzing and researching how they can improve, and coming to raid each and every night with the goal to be better than the last.
Our past exploits:
- Legion: Ended at US#57 Argus the Unmaker
- WoD: Rebuilt from ground up and reduced to 10hours/week - ended with US#113 Archimonde
- MoP: Did not raid
- Cataclysm: Switched to 10man, Top 20US Ragnaros
- WoLK: Top 20US in Ulduar/Icecrown Hard Modes on Ner'zhul
- TBC: Full clear of Sunwell prior to 3.0 release
- FFXI: The top endgame guild on server Pandemonium
TBC/WOLK/Cata prog can be found here: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/ner-zhul/Spike+Flail/rating.tier8
How to contact us:
If you're interested in applying, you can visit our forums at www.spikeflail.com and put an application in on the appropriate forum. Please be sure to read the stickies and follow application directions before applying. You also can chat with us if you have any questions about the guild or how we operate before applying. Palin can be reached at Btag - Palin#1620 or Discord - Palin#8102, while Officers' Btags are: Khramps#1101
We regularly sell Mythic clears to fund our Mythic progression. We don't accept real money for these sales and will only ever ask for in game Gold. For questions or setting up a run please contact Palin/Azurri - he is the only authorized person to accept sale gold in the guild (Palin#1620 on Bnet or Palin#8102 on Discord). Thanks