Denial of Service is a semi-hardcore 9-hour mythic raiding guild. The guild has been around since 2011 and has members with high-end raiding experience dating back to the Burning Crusade. Throughout this entire time we have boasted the same leadership team that has led us to continued success each expansion. We began as a 10-man guild, achieving our first Cutting Edge with the defeat of Garrosh Hellscream. In Warlords of Draenor, we moved into 20-man mythic progression and have been a Cutting Edge guild ever since.
Our guild has been together for 8 years and this guild will continue to be together as long as WoW exists. Our guild and its leadership understands the commitment required in order to sustain and achieve Cutting Edge raiding each tier. Over the years, we have experienced almost every possible challenge and setback that high-end raiding can throw at a guild. Due to our long tenure, we will still be here when most other guilds have come and gone and our past accomplishments can speak to this. We have spent the better part of the last decade cultivating the correct approach to maintaining and improving our guild, which will lead us to many more years of sustainability and success.
One of the biggest factors for our guild sustainability and success is our outstanding community. Our community is comprised not only of our raiders but also of many social members who are friends and in some cases former raiders. You can often find us on Discord discussing any number of topics, running dungeons, and PvPing outside of raid hours. Our guild is more than just a raid team, but is a home for people looking to build long lasting relationships. Those relationships have been further enhanced by annual guild trips to Blizzcon.
We raid 9 hours per week on the following schedule:
- Tuesday 8:15 to 11:15 PM Eastern
- Thursday 8:15 to 11:15 PM Eastern
- Monday 8:15 to 11:15 PM Eastern
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Experienced, passionate, and driven leadership that will do what it takes to see a boss defeated during progression
- Relaxed, fun, but constructive raid environment that is focused during progression
- Healthy roster of more than 20 raiders to create competition and accountability
- Loot council where officers award loot based upon progression needs and performance as opposed to seniority and favoritism
- Raiders will never feel pressured to agree to extra raid time to pull bosses, as we have a strict 9-hour schedule
- Trials will be integrated into progression as fast as possible in order for those trials to prove their merits and show what they can bring to the raid team
- Constant constructive feedback inside and outside of raids in order to help progression
- An extremely active community outside of raid that does not disappear outside of raid hours
What We Expect From You:
- Cutting Edge Progression Raiding Experience: We are looking for players who have achieved Cutting Edge in past content.
- Great Attitude: We value the community we raid in, so it is important we find players who are mature, respectful, and have integrity. We have a zero tolerance policy for disrespectful or toxic individuals. We want team-oriented players who value the success of the guild over the own parse or personal gain even if it potentially means they have to play an off-spec, do undesirable mechanics, or even be benched for composition reasons.
- Passion to Improve: Our roster is competitive and we value those who are constantly pushing themselves to become better players. Every player always has room for improvement. We want players who can take constructive criticism from others as well as analyze their own play to become better. We want raiders who want to be better next raid than they were last raid.
- Preparation: Not only do we want players who want to get better, but we want players who do great research in advance for upcoming progression. We do not want players who show up not knowing the strategy or have no idea which add-ons or WeakAuras are required.
- Strong Situational & Mechanical Awareness: We are looking for players who go above and beyond at understanding complex raid encounters. Thinking several steps ahead as well as being consistent every pull is very important to successful high-end raiding. We want players who know how to handle a debuff, spread for a mechanic, or dodge a beam without needing their hand held every single attempt.
- Outstanding Attendance: We only raid 9 hours, so it is incredibly important that people show up to our raids nearly 100% of the time. Real life happens and we understand that, but we cannot have people who are going to consistently be late or be missing raids.
- Become Our Friend: We want people who want to be here for years to come and maybe even show up at Blizzcon next year! We have no interest in one-boss or one-tier rental players, but rather players who want to be here for years and expansions to come. Please come in Discord and socialize with people and make an effort to become a part of the community.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining Denial of Service, please visit www.dos.gg for more information and fill out our application: https://forms.gle/z51X9he7u8a5tbPL9
If you have questions, please contact our leadership team for more information:
- Raei (GM): Raei#1797 (BattleTag) or Raei#8060 (Discord)
- Kaeorisera (Officer): Kaeori#1939 (BattleTag) or Kaeori#8892 (Discord)
We appreciate your time and interest. Best of luck with your search!